As 2019 comes to an end, I find myself thinking about what has happened this year. I accomplished so many goals, hit so many milestones, and created so many memories. There were some highs, some lows, and tons of lessons learned. I created a list of all the lessons I learned that I felt I needed to share.
1. Time is precious
2. Acknowledge others
3. It's okay to say no
4. I am enough
5. Think before speaking
6. Create boundaries for yourself and others
7. It's okay to lose friends
8. Not everyone is going to continue in your life journey
9. Be cautious of your time
10. If you don't want to go, don't go.
11. It's okay to leave toxic people behind
12. You don't have to be everyone's hero
13. Decline things that you are not mentally available for
14. Enjoy the little things
15. Your pride will ruin you
16. If it's not going to matter in five years, don't waste five minutes of it
17. You can ask for more.
18. Ask for help
19. Take time for yourself
20. Enjoy being alone
21. Someone's idea of you is not who you are
I entered so many new spaces in 2019, which has helped me create a better version of myself. I value all of these lessons on my list and I hope that you will be able to take what I learned and apply it to your life. We often time miss out on the beautiful things that are created through the chaos. Take time to think about all the lessons you learned in 2019 and in doing this you will create a better version of yourself for 2020.